Band pass filter

Preston

I am in a condo in Scottsdale, and have tried my new Ubitx on a MFJ 1622 apartment antenna and on a 40 meter half wave center fed dipole.  All I am getting is static on every band with some periodic continuous tones, although it worked in Wisconsin with a dipole.  The ARRL video on Youtube about the Ubitx says at the end, that there is an AM station within a mile that causes problems with the receiver.  They say to buy or build a band pass filter.  I am wondering if this is my problem.  Has anyone run into this?  If so, is there a brand and model that has worked for you?