Re: Are these output watt rating crazy?

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

I haven't had any luck on 160 meters so far due to a compromised antenna. But rest assured that I am using and external low pass filter that starts to rolloff a little above 2 MHz. The filters inside the radio are definitely *not* for 160 meters.

It hears pretty well on 160 for all I can tell:)

73,

Bill KU8H

On 11/11/19 12:07 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io wrote:
However, the stock uBitx definitely does not have a low pass filter appropriate for 160m !!!!!
We've had a number of folks here who assumed it did, since the firmware allowed them to spin down and transmit on 1.8mhz.
The third harmonic of 1.8mhz at 5.4mhz will go out on the air almost as strong as the fundamental.

--
bark less - wag more