From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Maurice Bersan via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 3:27 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] RF output when just keying the mike

Hi everyone looks like I have problem.
I have RF output of about 5w when I key the mike with no modulation input. When I do speak into the mike the modulation is very distorted as heard on a local SDR.
CW seems fine with a nice clean signal.
The problem happened suddenly while trying to tune up with a manual antenna tuner.
I replaced the two irf510 fets but no change. Anyone have any ideas where I can start looking?
Thanks for any help
Maurice
Vk6hly