Re: uBitx V3 low power continues

Ted

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 10:18 PM, ajparent1/KB1GMX wrote:
There is nothing that dies prior to Q90 that is in the Power amp.

However there are two IF amps that can be all sorts of wrong
and the alignment of the oscillators as well.

However CW is generated differently than SSB and for CW TX
none  of the IF stages are used.

Allison,

Thank you for those insights. Now might I test the IF sections for fitness ?

Just as an aside, the radio was working for a good while up until it didn't.  I was doing one thing or another on the bench the specifics of which I don't recall, when this power diminishment occured.   The amp section seems fine, but can't amplify what it has not been given from earlier stages;  I'll try anything at this point.

Tnx Agn ,

Ted
K3RTA