Re: ubitx v5 receive problem

howard winwood G4GPF

Thanks for that Curt, sounds logical, why did I not think of that!!!!
I would have thought that bfo would be something they set at factory, but obviously not. Frequency set up was spot on so didn't think to check bfo settings. Will have a play when I get a minute.
Thanks once again
G4GPF

On Sat, 2 Nov 2019, 15:30 Curt via Groups.Io, <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Howard

I don't have any v5 experience but sounds like your BFO calibration may be off. Note the positioning of this oscillator relative to the crystal filter determine what is heard, I imagine it is the issue. Instructions on bfo calibration are around, but use something provided for v5. It should sound nice when properly adjusted.

Your makeshift antenna should receive fine on lower bands, but may be insensitive on some higher bands.

Curt