Re: uBitx CW transmit problem #ubitx-help #ubitxcw #cw

MVS Sarma

Did you wire the 4.7K pull up resistor as recommended on the "key" jack. Please check. In its absence as you switch on, the rig is likelybto go to tx mode on cw permanently.

Sarma vu3zmv

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019, 11:13 pm , <lscalpati@...> wrote:
Hi - I have completed a uBitx build with my daughter and wee are trying to get it on the air in CW mode.  I am running CEC 1.2 firmware on a v5 board.  There is a problem with the transmission in the CW mode.  after the keyer is released the radio continues transmitting a tone for about 1 sec.  it is reduced in volume but still very strong.  I have attached a spectrum display from my SDR showing a number of dots transmitted and you will notice a tail after each dot.  Any ideas?  Also is there a trick to get the rig to not transmit.  I have tried the menu option of transmit off but no matter how many times I try - I am still transmitting.