uBitx CW transmit problem #ubitx-help #ubitxcw #cw

Lou KI5FTY

Hi - I have completed a uBitx build with my daughter and wee are trying to get it on the air in CW mode.  I am running CEC 1.2 firmware on a v5 board.  There is a problem with the transmission in the CW mode.  after the keyer is released the radio continues transmitting a tone for about 1 sec.  it is reduced in volume but still very strong.  I have attached a spectrum display from my SDR showing a number of dots transmitted and you will notice a tail after each dot.  Any ideas?  Also is there a trick to get the rig to not transmit.  I have tried the menu option of transmit off but no matter how many times I try - I am still transmitting.