Re: bitx40, sk

VK3HN

I think there would be world wide interest in a monoband SSB/CW BiTx2 (144MHz).  I suspect the Bidirectional IF single conversion architecture with garden 2N3904s could be preserved, and a reasonably simple RF amp/mixer and Tx mixer/PA chain designed.  Better RF semiconductors would be needed which would mean sourcing from the big supply houses, but there are lots of modern bipolar options.  If the unit was sold by HFSigs, I don't see why every part in it should be available from the corner store.  That was a characteristic of the BiTx20 and 40 rigs, but it's 2019 now!