Re: #bitx40 New BitX40 firmware release with Roger Beep function #bitx40

Robert D. Bowers

Simple: Many people into CB like to get their hands on our gear, make them work on 11 meters, and royally screw them up (adding "pingers', "echoboxes", removing ALC, you name it) - and many of them try to bootleg on amateur frequencies.  Add to that the motormouths and worse (when in React many years ago, I was witness to a motormouth jamming attempts to get help to a snake-bit little girl, who died because we couldn't get through "I have a RIGHT to do whatever I want on the radio!!!").  CB in the US really got ugly in a hurry in the 70s, and went downhill from there.

Bob

On 10/28/19 1:39 PM, Donald wrote:

Thank you, Allard, for sharing your work.

I shall never understand this bias against CB radio. I do hope it only occurs in the U.S.A.

Donald, KB5PWL

On 10/27/2019 10:18 PM, RICHARD wrote:

WoW !  Now we have a real CB radio!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10