Re: Testing Crystal Filters maximum dbm

Is,

You got to check the reading by looping in to out and see the reading. Adjust r20 to get
-20dbm on the display in SNA mode. It may be -10dbm and that flattens the plot top.
SNA and SWR dBm displayed readings are accurate +-1dB.

The SWR is also -10-12dbm (just checked a couple of boards) the open cal process
takes care of that.

Raj

At 27-10-19, you wrote:

Thanks Raj for pointing out that the output in the SNA mode is a safe -20dbm. What are the outputs in the SWR or PWR modes (I haven't used the PWR mode so far)? -20dbm would not deliver enough drive for the LO port of a typical passive mixer.

Attached you find an SNA test of a NOS 5.645Mhz Drake Blue filter matched with 1:9 Minicircuits transformers and about 10db attenuation. Not bad for a 50y old filter!!!