Re: cw filters

Curt

First, the design is such that its not easy to insert a crystal IF filter for cw and retain ssb.

No worry, the gain distribution is such that an audio filter works nicely. I use a NESCAF. There are many options, I suggest one that has a audio amplifier at its output. I use my nescaf external,  but may put it inside. I don't find that I need its center frequency control nor need to bypass it, so it will just be adding the bandwidth control to the case.

Yes you can keep your ubitx basic as I am, or consider the jackal.

Curt wb8yyy