Re: Fan Noise from amateurradiokits case kit #bitx20help

Mark Hatch

I replaced mine with a 10mm Noctua fan, but I have the taller case. I don't recall hearing any noise. I also put it on a switch. But if you look at ubitx.net and search for fan, you will see where someone used a $3 temp sensing relay to turn the fans on and off. He used heat transferred epoxy to attach the sensor to one of the heat sinks. Have the parts, but just have not taken that step yet. BTW: Since I was running KD8CEC with the extra nano, I already had a S meter. So I got a cheap digital readout and glued the sensor to the heat sink. That way, I could manually know when to turn on the fan.

73
Mark
AJ6CU