locked Re: Cal Fire Moves to Dismantle Ham RadioSystem,EndangeringLives Amid Blackouts and Wildfires | Trending

Jerry Gaffke

I'm fine with letting conversations wander where they will, so long as folks remain civil.
A good way to learn more about other forum members.
Though admittedly, that EFHW thread did get kind of long ...........

This news about what's happening in California is arguably somewhat on topic.
Way more so than some of the enjoyable discussions we've had over the years.

Here in the far NE corner of Oregon there's spotty cell phone coverage,
we rely on a 2m repeater 40 air miles away for backup communications.
Probably on Forest Service land, I should to look into that.

If there's a consensus from the group that something is disruptive, then it's time to pull the plug.
But 2 or 3 strongly held opinions is not a group consensus.

Jerry, KE7ER    Flora Oregon, USA
Well, within 5 miles of downtown Flora, pop 6.    Groceries 1hr away in Enterprise, pop 2000.
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flora,_Oregon:    "the most substantial town to fail" in the Northeast Oregon region.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 07:43 AM, masch57 wrote:

I wish my life was so perfect that an off-topic thread would be enough to disturb me.  Also, this thread probably would have only had about 3 posts if not for: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect.  Touchy people just don’t seem to realize how much of their pain is self-inflicted.