Re: Cal Fire Moves to Dismantle Ham Radio System,EndangeringLives Amid Blackouts and Wildfires | Trending

Robert D. Bowers

I don't know if my previous post on this topic showed or not (I didn't see it being sent out from the server nor were there any replies)... but if I hadn't seen your original post, I would never have heard about this issue.  I very much appreciate your posting it - and since it's radio related and could impact our ability to provide an extremely valuable service to local agencies clear up to federal level... IMO it SHOULD be brought up.  It may not be directly related to BitX radios, but it is a peripheral issue to radios in general - and we all don't have access to decent sources of information.

(At least this hellhole, Florida, recognizes that we DO provide a necessary service - and others have expressed that as well.)

On 10/16/19 11:21 PM, Jack, W8TEE via Groups.Io wrote:
I just saw it as a chance to reach several thousand hams on a subject that could impinge on most of us. I did not realize that the group's focus was that narrow.

So, I'm done.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 10:56:53 PM EDT, Christopher Miller <djmalak2k6@...> wrote:

Why bother having a topic or moderators if its just going to be anything that has to do with amateur radio? It’s obvious that this is not related to the Bitx or uBitx. Jack, why not take it to a group where it is relevant? Sure, I can just mute this but why have rules to keep things on topic? Lets just post whatever we want and you can just deal with muting all the off topic stuff.

Chris
KF4FTR

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 7:16 PM Jack, W8TEE via Groups.Io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Well, Mike, you obviously missed the point, so there's no reason to continue.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 7:55:45 PM EDT, Michael Walker <va3mw@...> wrote:

This has nothing to do with Bitx... sorry

And, if you think it is, then I want to talk about my HF antenna that hooks up to my BITX.

Can we kill this and take it elsewhere as this is a world wide group and not all of us live in California or even the US.

Mike va3mw

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 7:15 PM Ken Hansen <ken@...> wrote:
Jack,

When this topic came up here in Texas on the local ARRL section mail list/reflector, I encouraged everyone that is engaged in EmComm to take this opportunity to reach out to their serviced agencies and organizations and ensure everyone understand the needs and offerings of each, and that the current relationships are mutually beneficial. To me, that is the take-away from this story.

As a reminder, groups.io has a facility for 'muting' threads you are not interested in, for anyone not interested in following this, or any similar conversation. The way it works is you click on the mute link at the bottom of the message, and any subsequent replies to that email thread will not be sent to you. If someone decides to start a new thread on the same topic, you'll have to mute that thread as well to stop any responses to the new thread.

Ken, N2VIP

--
Jack, W8TEE

--