Re: Cal Fire Moves to Dismantle Ham Radio System,EndangeringLives Amid Blackouts and Wildfires | Trending

Jack, W8TEE

Thanks, Raj. When Chris complains about being "off topic", I'm not sure exactly what he means since there are 2 levels of "off topic". First is "off topic" for the current thread. We have all seen topics here hijacked to the point where the discussion isn't even remotely tied to the subject line. Second is "off topic" to the group in general. I actually was in a ham radio group where the guy was trying to sell a telescope. That would be off topic for the group. Since I started a new thread, I wasn't off topic relative to the thread. Chris seems to feel that the subject was inappropriate for the group. I disagree...still do. I've been continually licensed for 65 years and I've seen "local" rules set precedent to allow those local rules to become larger-scoped rules (e.g., HOA). As a result, I thought all hams would be interested. I guess I was wrong.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, October 17, 2019, 7:54:52 AM EDT, Raj vu2zap <rajendrakumargg@...> wrote:

You are welcome to join my HOMEBREWERS at Groups.io and talk any radio topic!

Its a low traffic group.

Raj

At 17/10/2019, you wrote:
>I just saw it as a chance to reach several thousand hams on a subject that could impinge on most of us. I did not realize that the group's focus was that narrow.
>
>So, I'm done.
>
>Jack, W8TEE
>
>On Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 10:56:53 PM EDT, Christopher Miller <djmalak2k6@...> wrote:
>
>
>Why bother having a topic or moderators if its just going to be anything that has to do with amateur radio? It’s obvious that this is not related to the Bitx or uBitx. Jack, why not take it to a group where it is relevant? Sure, I can just mute this but why have rules to keep things on topic? Lets just post whatever we want and you can just deal with muting all the off topic stuff.
>
>Chris
>KF4FTR

--
Jack, W8TEE

Join BITX20@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.