Re: Cal Fire Moves to Dismantle Ham Radio System,EndangeringLives Amid Blackouts and Wildfires | Trending

Jack, W8TEE

Thanks, Raj. When Chris complains about being "off topic", I'm not sure exactly what he means since there are 2 levels of "off topic". First is "off topic" for the current thread. We have all seen topics here hijacked to the point where the discussion isn't even remotely tied to the subject line. Second is "off topic" to the group in general. I actually was in a ham radio group where the guy was trying to sell a telescope. That would be off topic for the group. Since I started a new thread, I wasn't off topic relative to the thread. Chris seems to feel that the subject was inappropriate for the group. I disagree...still do. I've been continually licensed for 65 years and I've seen "local" rules set precedent to allow those local rules to become larger-scoped rules (e.g., HOA). As a result, I thought all hams would be interested. I guess I was wrong.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, October 17, 2019, 7:54:52 AM EDT, Raj vu2zap <rajendrakumargg@...> wrote:

You are welcome to join my HOMEBREWERS at Groups.io and talk any radio topic!

Its a low traffic group.

Raj

--
Jack, W8TEE