locked Re: Cal Fire Moves to Dismantle Ham Radio System, Endangering Lives Amid Blackouts and Wildfires | Trending

Murray Wills (ZL2IQ)

How does this relate to BITx and those of us outside the USA?
Murray ZL2IQ

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Jack, W8TEE via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:06:54 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Cal Fire Moves to Dismantle Ham Radio System, Endangering Lives Amid Blackouts and Wildfires | Trending

I disagree Arv. I started a new thread specifically so I wouldn't tread on an existing post and members could judge their interest in the topic. Personally, I think every ham should care about the topic, but some won't, perhaps because they see it as a State problem and, hence, not affecting them. As I recall, HOA antenna restrictions started out the same way, and soon spread throughout the US. Anyway, I think my subject line clearly stated the thread's content and is more informative than a generic "info-topic" subject line would be. I think the additional details makes it easier for someone to simply erase the post if they're not interested.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 3:19:09 PM EDT, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:

Occasionally there are actions that have great potential to affect ham radio as a whole
but start as small local changes.  Maybe the topic for posts about these events should
be labeled "info-topic" so that those with very narrow fields of interest can avoid reading
them.

We do have quite a few "off-topic" posts from time to time.  Maybe the solution would
be for moderators to allow the particular topic to run for a few days and then lock the
topic so that no more re-posts on that topic would be allowed.  This seems reasonable
but does potentially block later readers from commenting (good?, bad?).

Arv  K7HKL
_._

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 9:01 PM Ken Hansen <ken@...> wrote:
As an international mail list (reflector) threads like this don't belong here.

It's specific to one state of one country, and there are literally dozens of more suitable venues than this for any discussion of this subject.

How does the policy of CalFire in California, USA Regarding repeater space on public land n the state of California impact the Lithuanian trying to assemble an HF station based on a uBitx or Bitx40?

--
Jack, W8TEE