From: Jack, W8TEE via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:43 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Cal Fire Moves to Dismantle Ham Radio System,Endangering Lives Amid Blackouts and Wildfires | Trending

I think you're wrong, Ken. Just because it doesn't directly pertain to someone in Europe doesn't mean those in the US--a fairly large number, BTW--shouldn't hear about it. I'm assuming that those who are not interested in the thread are smart enough not to read it. Also, the US is replete with examples of "one state" setting precedent for other states to follow. Nipping that trend in the bud is often critical and, to do that, one needs to know about the gathering clouds on the horizon.

I don't apologize for the posting and see it as keeping fellow hams informed about something that might bite them in the butt down the road.

Jack, W8TEE

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 11:01:42 PM EDT, Ken Hansen <ken@...> wrote:

As an international mail list (reflector) threads like this don't belong here.

It's specific to one state of one country, and there are literally dozens of more suitable venues than this for any discussion of this subject.

How does the policy of CalFire in California, USA Regarding repeater space on public land n the state of California impact the Lithuanian trying to assemble an HF station based on a uBitx or Bitx40?

It doesn't.

Ken, N2VIP

On Oct 15, 2019, at 16:35, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:

--