locked Re: Cal Fire Moves to Dismantle Ham Radio System, Endangering Lives Amid Blackouts and Wildfires | Trending

Edward Reynolds

I agree that while this is not the forum for local government issues, I’m glad it was posted. We in the state of Oregon probably would not have heard about this issue. Thankfully the Oregon leaders realize the reliability of the ham repeaters and their roll in times of backup communication needs vs a system that is over priced and not reliable.
Thanks to the group for their time, I read every post on this site, lots of great information I’ve got a UBITX ver. 5 I’m playing with. Keep up the great posts
Cheers
Ed N7SNT

On Oct 15, 2019, at 9:31 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:

Normally you could take this up with the group moderator.
But in this case, perhaps your best plan is to start your own forum.  ;-)

95% of the messages here aren't of much interest to me.
That's OK.
So long as it remains civil.
Think I"ll go get a beer and kick off this thread again:  https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/18584402

Jerry, KE7ER

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 08:01 PM, Ken Hansen wrote:
As an international mail list (reflector) threads like this don't belong here.

It's specific to one state of one country, and there are literally dozens of more suitable venues than this for any discussion of this subject.

How does the policy of CalFire in California, USA Regarding repeater space on public land n the state of California impact the Lithuanian trying to assemble an HF station based on a uBitx or Bitx40?

It doesn't.

Ken, N2VIP