Re: Gordon Gibby Digital Interface

Rob French (KC4UPR)

With my V5 uBITX, I have also been tapping from the high side of the volume pot, and it seems to be working fine.  I do believe my volume is slightly reduced for my speaker output, but that output has always been ridiculously high for me anyway, somehow.  Maybe it's the earbuds.  Anyway, I don't have this particular digital audio interface, but I've been tapping the high side of the volume control via a 1:1 transformer, and it seems to be ok.  I have been considering making a small preamp on that path, however, with a trimpot that I could use to fine tune the output to the PC (or in my case, to my Teensy-based DSP filter).

How has your C60 tap for transmit audio worked out?  I'm trying to figure out if I need to make some little op amp mixer for microphone versus computer audio input, or if I should just put a toggle switch in there and be done with it.