Re: Plugged sound card mic into speaker #ubitx

Tom, wb6b

Hi,

In my case I hooked the microphone input of the USB sound adaptor to the high side of the uBitx volume control. That way I don't need to readjust the volume control to get the level correct if I use the uBitx for something else between running WSPR/Digital modes, and I can listen to the digital signals if I wish.

The signal level from the high side of the volume control, at least with the USB sound adaptor I have, is a little on the high side, so optionally you could put a couple of resistors in a voltage divider to lower the signal level a bit.

Tom, wb6b