Re: uBitx mic trouble: ptt always on #ubitx #ubitx-help

Ben Miller-Jacobson

Thanks for the suggestion, but that isn't the problem. The resistor is installed, and it only goes into transmit when the mic is plugged in.

On Tuesday, September 24, 2019, MVS Sarma wrote:
Ben,
I am sure that you had wired the key socket with 4.7k pull up.
If not, the moment you switch on your ubitcv5, it will try to go to Tx.

Please confirm.

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019, 11:12 am Ben Miller-Jacobson, <
bmillerjacobson@...> wrote:

Hello everyone. Something weird is going on wirh my mic and I am running
out of ideas. I just wired up my mic the other day, but plugging it in
makes the radio immediately go into transmit. So of course I asume I wired
it wrong, go over it catefully, fail to find a problem, then redo the whole
thing just in case. No luck. Poking around in a bit more detail shows that
connecting the electret mic element triggers the ptt, but so does the
actual ptt. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

I've got a V-5 board running cec firmware, with several mods that ought yo
be unrelated. Not that any of that likely matters.

Thanks,

Ben - KD8OKR

--
Sent from my Sailfish device