Re: uBitx mic trouble: ptt always on #ubitx #ubitx-help

MVS Sarma

Ben,
I am sure that you had wired the key socket with 4.7k pull up.
If not, the moment you switch on your ubitcv5, it will try to go to Tx.

Please confirm.

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019, 11:12 am Ben Miller-Jacobson, <bmillerjacobson@...> wrote:
Hello everyone. Something weird is going on wirh my mic and I am running out of ideas. I just wired up my mic the other day, but plugging it in makes the radio immediately go into transmit. So of course I asume I wired it wrong, go over it catefully, fail to find a problem, then redo the whole thing just in case. No luck. Poking around in a bit more detail shows that connecting the electret mic element triggers the ptt, but so does the actual ptt. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

I've got a V-5 board running cec firmware, with several mods that ought yo be unrelated. Not that any of that likely matters.

Thanks,

Ben - KD8OKR