uBitx mic trouble: ptt always on #ubitx #ubitx-help

Ben Miller-Jacobson

Hello everyone. Something weird is going on wirh my mic and I am running out of ideas. I just wired up my mic the other day, but plugging it in makes the radio immediately go into transmit. So of course I asume I wired it wrong, go over it catefully, fail to find a problem, then redo the whole thing just in case. No luck. Poking around in a bit more detail shows that connecting the electret mic element triggers the ptt, but so does the actual ptt. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

I've got a V-5 board running cec firmware, with several mods that ought yo be unrelated. Not that any of that likely matters.

Thanks,

Ben - KD8OKR