Re: uBITX full design

Jerry Gaffke

I agree with Curt.
A good student project would be to get the uBitx, and then try to improve it somehow.
Lots of fodder in this forum if looking for ideas of what to do.

Jerry

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 03:27 PM, Curt wrote:
Jerry gave a nice description of the board.  An EE named Allison has separately commented on optimizing the PA portion - and she went out and designed a better PA layout assisting Hans Summers at QRP-Labs (they currently offer this PA kit over there).  Years ago a prof somewhere got his students to build a QRP rig, Norcal 40A maybe.  I see you already built a McHF so I don't see a lot of upside to you building your own ubitx from scratch.  likely you have already dug into the nifty synthesizer components that are a key piece of modern QRP likes ubitx and QCX.