Re: uBITX full design

Jerry Gaffke

Jonathan,

A search on the web and on ebay for "ssb transceiver kit" gives a few kits
that require more assembly than a uBitx, but none that I am familiar with.
Perhaps the Klopik out of Russia, if wanting a challenge?
    https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=106044.0
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/russian-klopik-2-transceiver-kit.500188/

Some of the ebay kits come with no power amp, no low pass filters, no vfo, ...
And some just plain don't work.

Farhan encourages others to produce his designs and sell them.
There have been several Bitx20 kits, and even multiband versions of it.
But I'm not seeing any just now, the uBitx is very competitive.

QRP-Labs has the successful QCX transceiver, but it is single band, and for CW, not SSB.
QRP-Labs is planning to someday release the very promising QSX all-HF SSB transceiver,
that might be worth waiting for.    https://www.qrp-labs.com/qsx.html

If what you really want is a uBitx where you install all the surface mount parts yourself
on a known-to-work PCB, your best bet might be to buy one from hfsignals
and take a heatgun to it.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 12:32 PM, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
Perhaps just build "ugly style" or "Manhatten style" on copper clad circuit board,