Re: i2c encoders in matrix with I/O #ubitx

Don, ND6T

Please let us know how this board works out. My biggest concern would be that it probably would need to be constantly queried. For example; If you wanted to put the tuning knob on it, then it would need to be polled constantly to avoid missing a movement. As it is, just a millisecond of delay can mean a missing action and is intolerable. That's why non-interrupt encoder schemes are often flaky.
The I2C bus is incredible. I feed two displays and the synthesizer with just a minimum of wiring and it frees a slew of pins. Love it! Great for temperature sensing and time, too. Fingers crossed for a good result, Don