Re: Project : Ubitx go box with batteries (topic will be updated upon works done)

John (vk2eta)

Hello Adrien,

Regarding the Mic preamp I would consider the SSM2167 based module rather than the MAX9814 as based on my usage of both the MAX is more of an ALC type rather than compressor type as is the SSM based module.

I get good on-air reports with the SSM2167 module and the average power is close to double the bare board.

Be mindful of the spurs issues with over driven Mic input (may be less of an issue with the V5 boards). A trim pot on the output of the module is a good idea.

73, John