Re: ubitx 5 and boatanchor Collins amp #ubitx #v5 #linear-amp

Dean Souleles

That's great, that it worked so well.  I know I need to put a beefier relay in to switch the amp to TX.  I know I need to put a diode across the relay coil to protect the uBITx  I'm looking fir advice / schematic on wiring the relay and where to connect to the uBITx to pick up PTT to switch on the relay.

The external commercial relay I have on the Kenwood by radiodan will work if I replace the kenwood cable, but I'd prefer to build it in to the case.

The PTT picture you sent was just a thumbnail and I couldn't make out any details.

Thanks,

Dean
KK4DAS