Re: ubitx 5 and boatanchor Collins amp #ubitx #v5 #linear-amp

kh6sky

Last year I fed my BitX40 into a homebrew grounded grid sweep tube amp.(which I think is more boat-anchorish than Collins, no offence.)  This amp has spent nearly 20 years sitting in a shed in Hawaii, thus the rust and conversion of anything nickel into a living organism. But I drug it out and turned on the generator, and placed my life in Pelee's hands.  As I remember, with 6 watts out of the BitX40, I was approaching 100w Input on the amp .  I tested it out with another ham maybe 80 miles away.  He heard no distortion of loss of quality when the amp was on.