Re: high pitched wine on 80 and 40 M

Ian Reeve

The original thread is elsewhere but the symptoms disappear when the rig is run from a 12v battery.This points to power supply issues and may be worth a try.I have a uBITX and power it from a gel battery and test have proved that some 12v wall wart power supplies are troublesome with high frequency emissions which are then picked up by the circuitry

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of jfein2000 via Groups.Io <jfein2000@...>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 7:36:19 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io>
Subject: [BITX20] high pitched wine on 80 and 40 M

Hi tried to search for this issue on the forum but without success.  My microbitx works on all bands, transmit and receive but I experience a high pitched wine on 80 and 40 meters.  It isn't present on 20 meters or on 160 meters for that matter.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks Jeff