Re: Bitx40 very loud, high-pitched, low frequency noise

Woody

On 8/24/2019 16:34, John Norris wrote:
My BITX40 shrieks if I get my cellphone too close to it.
Not too surprised after I discovered a similar issue.   My high frequency hearing isn't very good so I built an active high pass filter (741 ICs) / amp (LM386s). Worked great but had a problem.  Intermittent loud clicking and screeching.   After a lot of troubleshooting, discovered that if my cell phone was within 2', it was bad.   Moved the phone away a bit and the problem disappeared.
Woody - KZ4AK