Re: Isolate any jacks/controls from metal chassis? #ubitx

Ian Reeve

I use the copper tape to shield wires that are suceptable to rf like the wires,taped to the case.Keeps them secure and screened as well.

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:30:05 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Isolate any jacks/controls from metal chassis? #ubitx

I used a spray-on conductive nickel coating inside my uBitX plastic case. It worked really well for shielding. I do recommend using a clear coat of lacquer over it, just a thin coating, to keep the nickel from flaking and landing on the PCB. You can always lightly sand a bit off at the edges where the case closes to keep shielding integrity. I have that copper foil tape, and it's very good, but I've been using it lately for small transmitting loop radiators.

73,
Gwen, NG3P