Re: Bitx40 very loud, high-pitched, low frequency noise

SP9DEV

Found 3 other pairs of headphones (nokia, motorola and some no-name headphones), the problem persists. However, I also found another wall-plug power supply, this one with a ferrite choke and rated 12V 2A. With this supply, the noise is a constant, high-pitched sound (different from the first one). Looks like this depends on the type of power supply. Both are probably switched mode, so I guess that's the issue. I'll try to get my hands on a standard computer ATX supply unit, solder a cable to 12V line and check what happens.