Re: Calibration success #ubitx #calibration

Dean Souleles

Success.  The problem turned out to be a short between the mic audio line and ground.  Sunil from amateurradiokits.in had sent me a second front panel PCB after I reported my initial problem to him. (His customer services has been awesome and very responsive.)

I could not figure out where the short was - so I wired up a the new PCB - using a smaller iron tip and smaller gauge solder.  No short this time.  I can report that the Uniden/Cobra mic with the 4 pin connector works fine - completely unmodified.

Here is a video of the completed rig receiving (sans the send/receive LED which I still have to wire up)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/78sKsTqsvm63NzE7A

Thanks everyone for the help and advice.

Dean
KK4DAS