Re: Antuino support group opened -- early antuino question

Evan Hand

I have ordered my Antunio, and am waiting for delivery, anxious to try it out .  The above comment from Don raises one question for me:  Is it a VNA or SNA.  As I understand the difference is that the VNA measures the phase angle as well as the magnitude of the impedance, an SNA just measures the magnitude of the impedance.  in reading the description on the HF Signals Web Page it states SNA capabilities.

As far as output, you can get a Smith Chart from a VNA, not from an SNA.

So the question is if the hardware would support a VNA application, and and if so does the software provided have both the real and imaginary values of the impedance?

73
Evan
AC9TU