Re: Antuino support group opened -- early antuino question

Jerry Gaffke

The Antuino looks like a useful tool, well packaged.
I plan to get one.

But it won't be a replacement for your MFJ  power meter and SWR meter.

As Farhan pointed out, it would be very inconvenient to keep the Antuino tuned into
the frequency of the transmitter, the Antuino only sees one frequency at a time where
the MFJ is broadband.  And while the Antuino can measure the SWR of your antenna,
I don't think it can measure the SWR of an antenna while the transmitter is connected.

It could be used to measure the power coming out of a transmitter if you have
an appropriate resistive attenuator between the transmitter and the Antuino.
A small wire antenna on the Antuino might be used instead of the attenuator, but
the signal level seen by the Antuino will then vary with frequency and distance and
where your cat happens to be sitting.

Be very careful if using the Antuino around a transmitter, it would be easy
to feed it too much power and blow it out.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 06:50 PM, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
Don,
The answer is yes, but ... the Antuino needs to be tuned within 10 khz of the ubitx to receive and display the modulation.
Being as sensitive as it is, you dont even need to connect it with the tap. A small piece of wire in the RF IN will pick up thr ubitx transmission.
- f

On Wed 14 Aug, 2019, 1:24 AM Don - KM4UDX, <dontAy155@...> wrote:
I have an early question (even before the support groups gets up and running...hahaha)

Is the Antuino able to be left in line with a tap & pad or something as a semi permanent basis to my uBITX? Right now I have an old MFJ power/SWR meter hooked up after the uBITX and before the antenna.  Is there a way to replace the swr/pwr meter with the  Antunio?

thanks!

Don
km4udx