Can someone explain the reasons for certain voltages listed on any schematic for the electrolytic caps, AND what problems could arise if one used a cap with a larger voltage rating? How much higher a voltage cap could be substituted without causing a problem?

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

On Aug 12, 2019, at 2:18 AM, MadRadioModder <madradiomodder@...> wrote:

Since the entire circuit set is 12V or less, your 16V caps should work just fine.

From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob French (KC4UPR)
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2019 12:40 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] AGC Circuit for uBITX Featured in July 2019 QST Magazine

Thanks.  Any thoughts on voltage rating for the capacitors, especially the "big" electrolytic ones?  (10uF, 100uF, 470uF... I'm assuming they're electrolytics.)  I looked at the Hycas schematic, and that calls out 50v for all the caps, but I don't have many of those... got lots of 16v though!

…_. _._