Re: Series Diode in Power Supply Line #ubitx

Ashhar Farhan

I would second that. A voltage regulator is best. However, the generic ones like 7812 will need at least 15v (3v more than the output) as their inpit voltage. A small 1uf and a couple of 0.1u caps across the output makes for a nice, low noise supply.

- f

On Wed 7 Aug, 2019, 8:44 PM Evan Hand, <elhandjr@...> wrote:
Yes, I agree for the reverse polarity power protection.  Still need a way to drop the voltage to the board separated from the finals.  The most accurate solution is a voltage regulator with the relay for the reverse protection.

The Diodes and fuses do work, as I did connect an old HP power brick that had the center pin negative, and sleeve positive.  Popped the fuse nicely.

FWIW
73
Evan
AC9TU