Re: V5.1 and Nextion 5”

Murray Wills (ZL2IQ)

Thank you Herman I will do that also.
73 Murray

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 11:04 PM +1200, "Herman Scheper" <Hsrscheper@...> wrote:

Hello Murray,

I also have the 5”Nextion enhanced and use a step down convertor for  13V-5V /1.5A ( 22 x 18 mm ) here about1.5 $.

No problems at all. The 5 V stabiliser on the Arduino has to low capacity to feed de big Arduino!

Success!

Van: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> Namens Murray Wills (ZL2IQ)
Verzonden: maandag 5 augustus 2019 10:32
Aan: bitx20@groups.io; bitx20@groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [BITX20] V5.1 and Nextion 5”

Ah ok. I am powering the uBITx off a 40amp PSU at 13.8 v. As I am writing that I think you are saying that I should power just the screen off a separate 5v power supply?

Cheers Mike

Murray

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 8:23 PM +1200, "Mike Woods" <mhwoods@...> wrote:

Murray

The screen flashing on and off is a pretty good sign of your power supply being overloaded.  That 5" screen draws quite a bit of current and if you are powering off the Raduino it will not supply sufficient current to the Raduino and the 5" Nextion.

73 Mike ZL1AXG ubitx.net

On 5/08/19 7:19 PM, Murray Wills wrote:

Thanks Sam.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 12:35 PM +1200, "Sam Tedesco" <stedesco619@...> wrote:

go to files on the left column of this site. Search 5" Nextion. You'll see a selection for your enhanced screen. Joe and another (sorry...forgot his name) built a beautiful tft.

--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...