uBITX - super touchy low end volume #ubitx #ubitx-help

Rob French (KC4UPR)

Super excited, just put together my uBITX and love it, though I haven't successfully managed any 2-way QSOs yet.  I've got a few spots on RBN, so I know something's getting out... Anyway...

I've noticed that the volume control (I'm using the stock potentiometer) is super sensitive at the low end.  i.e. As soon as I turn it on, I never turn it more than about 1/4 turn.  And if I go more, it distorts super quickly.  Very small adjustments of the knob change the volume pretty drastically.  I actually wondered if I wired the pot backwards!  But, I checked against the schematic and also this page ( https://ubitx.net/wiring-up-the-volume-control/ ), and as far as I can tell, I've done it right (green, orange, yellow, from L to R).  Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
Rob KC4UPR