Re: Cool cheap oscilloscope for troubleshooting

Tom, wb6b

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 08:12 AM, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
AD8307 based power meter
That is a good idea. I have some eBay boards with the AD8307 and similar chips already. Should be better than a diode and capacitor RF probe.

The advantage of the tiny scope over a DVM, even if its bandwidth is only 1 Mhz, is in many places I may be probing in the SSB HF transceiver the signal will be envelopes modulated by the audio rather than steady state. The little oscilloscope will let me see the shape of the envelopes. The DVM will not.

Sorry to the person that got malware. I've repeatedly clicked on those links, as well as when I went to the sites originally and have not had any malware issues with the links or when I originally visited the sites. But never know, the sites could have had a short term issue with being hacked and the sites fixing the issue. I assume if there was an issue it only affected one of them. You did not specify which one to be careful about.

Tom, wb6b