Re: FYI: Time Stations

Wayne Leake

back in the 1950's, I used to receive CHU on 7.85Mhz, as well as 2.5Mhz, 5.0Mhz 10.0Mhz and maybe higher WWV signals.
 I lived in Syracuse NY at the time, and used a wire antenna, with a very old,but still good Philco Model 620.
 The Philco was a good Superhet multi band, with RF amp as well as mixer, IF amp, diode detector, plus triode audio amp and pentode audio output.
 Was AM only,so I could not listen to SSB, and CW was not my thing.
 Regardless, I was able to set my watch and clock by either CHU or WWV
 Wayne WA2YNE