Re: calibrating ubitx to www

Tom, wb6b

Hi,

Unless the firmware has been changed from when I calibrated my uBITX you can tune around to find another signal to calibrate on. There is another member in the group that pointed out the higher the frequency used to calibrate to the better. So, 15 MHz would be an improvement.

When I was a kid, using WWB to zero beat to was easy. Now days, with all the various modulations added to their carrier, it is much more difficult to figure out just when you have obtained zero beat. It can be done with some practice, but still may take several attempts to get it right.

Tom, wb6b