Re: Squelch Control??

Tom, wb6b

My ancient Kenwood HF SSB transceiver has a squelch. The time it takes for the squelch to re-squelch the signal seems to be delayed the same amount as the AGC recovery setting.

The squelch on SSB is very touchy, between just squelching and squelching too much. However, it is great for the frequency the local club hangs out on. If a conversation starts up, one of the close by hams will break the squelch and I'll open it up so I can here what is going on with everyone near and far. Saves my ears from having to listen to static all day. Modern rigs may have better squelches.

Tom, wb6b