Re: 7.277mHz Sunday Afternoon

Bob Fischer, Fischer Technical Services

Thanks for the info, Skip.
I am aware of the MMSN.  They run noon until around 10 PM ET.  I check in with some regularity. 
14.300 is also home of INTERCON (the old Intercontinental Traffic Net).  They run 8 AM - noon ET.  I check into that one too.
BTW:  I checked into INTERCON yesterday morning with my uBITX.  Operating "remote" from a hunting camp in the middle of a wilderness area. (West Virginia Wildlife Management Area).  Operating battery-solar into an 84 foot longwire.  Net OP was W5WAZ near Houston, TX.  Also worked the Battleship New Jersey with the uBITX & same setup yesterday morning.
Amazing little radios.
I will be listening on 7.277 - just can't do it today.  

To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 10:47:12 AM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] 7.277mHz Sunday Afternoon

Just to let you know 14.300 is the Maritime Mobile net frequency for both coasts. They are in operation most of the day with net controllers throughout the country. It’s not the best choice for operation and meeting place for uBITX users but could be used to possibly get a signal report.

Skip Davis, NC9O 

On Jul 21, 2019, at 09:50, Bob Fischer, Fischer Technical Services <FischerTek@...> wrote:

I have listened a few times but never heard another uBITX on 7.277.  The posted net time is a little inconvenient for me.  I have another proposal:  How about uBITX addicts just "parking" our rigs on 2.277 MHz and listening.  I usually have mine on, with volume down very low.  I have been leaving it on 14.300 but 20M propagation has not been good lately.  I will start listening on 7.277 for a while.  I encourage others to do likewise.  Make your first CQs there when you sit down to operate.

Join BITX20@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.