Re: Voltage at volume control of bitx40??

Jim Sky

Hi Mark,

Thanks for digging into that minimal detectable increase question.

And yes on the frequency response of the ear, I may have sacrificed a few octaves to 60s music.

73s
Jim

On 7/20/2019 7:16 PM, Mark - N7EKU wrote:

It was just from early morning memory,

But as a reference I quickly saw this:

https://www.abdengineering.com/blog/perception-vs-reality/

They confirm a doubling/halving needed.

But I found a test site too:

https://www.audiocheck.net/blindtests_index.php

And for me, a 1dB difference was reliably detectable, so I would go by the 1dB figure if their recordings were correct (dB and not dBV or dBA).  Anyway, mainly I meant that one can hear power levels at the speaker a lot less than 125mW.  Of course it all depends too on background noise in the room environment, the speaker, etc. as  125mW in a  car going down the road won't get you far!

And if you want to get depressed (or impressed) by how much hearing loss you have or don't have:

https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencycheckhigh.php

73,

Mark.