Re: 630 meters band

iz oos

I remember 160m just needed a lowpass filter. I am not sure, maybe it depends on the versions, whether changing (increasing) the values of emitter caps such as C81 might be useful for lower bands. I am not aware of using in on TX on MW or LW. About the attempts of using it on VHF or above, I would be interested if different from using a transverter.

Il 17/lug/2019 00:01, "KD2QMZ" <syracusepro@...> ha scritto:
Cool  to know those can be modified. Will look into that. I do have V4, and may order a V5 if I kill the V4, which has been crappy after an attempt to add an audio amp kit.
Also, I would like to add that after talking to the manufacturers of the case, a module based version is being tested, aimed to get above some problems with original ubitx.

May try that and see too.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 4:59 PM Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:
To answer the original question...

1) Original BITX was single-band, mostly 20M.  Some were modified for other bands.
     Analog (L-C) VFO was standard.

2) MKARS-80 was a UK BITX for 80 meters.

3) Kit developers then provided parts or parts and PCBs for single band BITX units.
    Some of these kits were modified for other bands.

4) BINGO is an analog VFO version of the original BITX.

5) Then Nigel tested a BITX-17 for 17 Meters and kit providers followed.

6) Minima was an early attempt at an all-band (HF bands) BITX.

7) BITX-40 is a single-band version of the uBITX
     It uses an SI5351A for digital VFO.  The PCB is populated but you have to connect
     the front panel controls and provide a case.

8) uBitx (micro-BITX) is an all-band (HF Bands) version of the BITX.  It uses an Si5351a
     for digital frequency control.  The PCB is populated but you have to connect front-panel
     controls and provide a case.

Almost all versions of the BITX have been modified for other bands, including 160M, 6M,
and 2M.  Some of these mods are more successful than others.

Arv  K7HKL
_._

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 2:34 PM Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
The question of mbitix vs ubitx came up as a question to the original post of what was an mbitx.  The person was just trying to get clarification, as there are multiple types/versions in the BITX family.

Enough said.

Evan
AC9TU