Re: 630 meters band

Vince Vielhaber

Talk about hijacking a thread. The Greek alphabet has ZERO to do with his question about 630 meters.

While the uB is capable of receiving 630, you'd have to add your own bandpass filters. I remember someone asking about transmitting down there once before but don't remember what the answer was.

Vince - K8ZW.

On 07/16/2019 01:17 PM, Lawrence Galea wrote:
Very easy to use the Greek micro symbol.
just install the Greek keyboard and you can swap between keyboards.
The letter M becomes the Greek letter μ
L becomes the Greek letter lambda λ
Same with other letters.
Enjoy

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 6:31 PM Doug W <dougwilner@...
<mailto:dougwilner@...>> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Skip Davis wrote:

What is a mbitx?

Many are calling the µBITX UBITX. While convenient, it is not
technically correct. Ashhar named the radio µ as in micro. Since
most keyboards do not have a µ and at least on windows going to the
character map to cut and paste is a hassle and remembering Alt + 230
is not the top of most folk's life goal lists, we substitute. While
*u* looks closer I think *m* is closer to the designer's intention.

--
www.bitxmap.com <http://www.bitxmap.com>