Re: Antuino 2.0

Ashhar Farhan

Rob,
we had to change the clock to 27 MHz (probably, i didnt edit the schematic properly) as the IF of Antuino is itself at 25 Mhz and the clock crystal would have created a spur right in the middle of the passband. The early Antuino had a 16x2 text LCD display, just 80 of them were made as a workshop project for our club's annual convention. After that, I felt it necessary to add graphics display. I chose a 128x64 LCD display as it provides good readability in the field (it is quite sunny most of the time here), The TFT displays didnt work too well and they drew a lot of current too. The existing Antuino draws about 60 ma when powered up. That will make it last a very long time from a set of six AA dry cells (At 1000 mA-hour rating, it means, that they can be operated for 16 hours continuously before the battery runs out).
73, f

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 2:21 AM Rob Bleumer <Bleumer@...> wrote:
Hi All,
I was comparing the version 1.0 and 2.0 of the Antuino.
Probabely i missed something. I see the schematics and I see the clock crystal of the SI5351  being in version 1.0 25MHz. and in the version 2.0  27MHz.
So there must be also something different in the SI 5351.ino file or so I think for the calibration. I'm not a programmer, but try to understand the schematics and program before building.
Rob PA0RBL