KB1HKO
Laurence

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 4:31 PM Lawrence Galea <9h1avlaw@...> wrote:

ps and other social media

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 10:30 PM Lawrence Galea <9h1avlaw@...> wrote:

Spread the word as much as you can especially on facebook

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 9:04 PM KD2QMZ <syracusepro@...> wrote:

From the ARRL:

http://www.arrl.org/news/restraint-urged-in-response-to-2-meter-reallocation-proposal

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 11:21 AM Curt via Groups.Io <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

After reading I concur that this spectrum threat will be sufficiently addressed, if it goes anywhere at all. I think I am remembering that many nations only have amateur spectrum up to 146 MHz? In the US maybe 2/3rd of our repeaters may be above 146 MHz.

Indeed 25-30 years ago in the US the 2m band was often full of signals, voice and packet radio. Dense areas were using 222 and 440 MHz because repeaters were said to be full (maybe allocations more than actual use?). of course this was pre-internet for most of us.

2m spectrum is still vital but much quieter here in eastern US - glad to hear at least one area of the UK has it busy on a repeater. given spectral scarcity and our collective use - heresy maybe - but I wonder if 2 MHz might be enough spectrum now. non-FM uses are happy with thin slices throughout the spectrum. but a huge headache to relocate a vast number of repeaters.

Let's see we have less than 6 years to start using the 2m spectrum a lot more!

73 Curt

Join BITX20@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.